https://ift.tt/3dc7VWy I wear my son’s jacket as I travel down to the Colorado State Capitol building. His jacket is a reminder of what I’ve lost and how much work we have to do to end gun violence in our country. On July 20, 2012, in Aurora, Colorado, an assailant with a gun walked into a neighborhood movie theater to kill 12 people, including my son Alex Sullivan, and injured 70 others. On March 16 in Atlanta, Georgia, where eight people were killed , and then again on March 22 we saw similar events play out as a gunman walked into a neighborhood grocery store in Boulder, Colorado , and killed ten people. These events are all too familiar. From movie theaters, schools, grocery stores, to everywhere in between, our communities are being ravaged by gun violence. Gun violence affects all of us , directly or indirectly. You may not know it, but you are affected by gun violence—you are a victim and survivor of this crisis that is happening all across our country. Some may s...
Comments
Post a Comment